Our neighborhood is located in Northumberland County, one of most historic counties in Virginia and home to some of the earliest European settlements in the New World.
Northumberland County has upgraded their website and the result is a very attractive, easy-to-use website. Here’s the link to the website.
Some of the features of the new site are:
- Tax maps. We are on maps 12A-1, -2, and -3.
- Land records. You can search the land records by name of owner, or, tax map number.
- Pay property taxes.
- Board of Supervisors information — names and contact information of supervisors; meeting schedules; meeting agendas and minutes.
- And . . . lots of other useful and important information for county residents.
Here’s the latest National Hurricane Center track for tropical storm Nate, soon to be hurricane Nate — as of 4:00 AM, Saturday, Oct 7.
According to this track Nate will have diminished to a tropical depression as it moves over our area during the day Monday. The current weather forecasts for the neighborhood are shown below.
Sunday, Oct 8: Hi temp 82 deg; 50% probability of scattered thunderstorms; winds SSW 9 MPH.
Monday, Oct 9: Hi temp 81 deg; 30% probability of PM rain; winds 12 MPH S.
Tuesday, Oct 10: Hi temp 85 deg; 50 % probability of PM showers; winds 5 MPH WSW.
Wednesday, Oct 11: Hi temp 78 deg; 60% probability of PM showers; winds 7 MPH ENE.
This graphic from the NHC indicates rainfall will be west of us. However, it would be prudent to be prepared for showers on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Our neighborhood may experience rain during the period October 9 – 11 as the remnants of Hurricane Nate travel northeast from the Gulf Coast.
As of Thursday, October 5, Tropical Storm Nate is expected to increase to hurricane strength and strike the Gulf Coast early Sunday, October 8. After making landfall, Nate will drop to tropical storm strength, travel across Alabama and Tennessee and move into our area early in the week of October 9 – 13, as a tropical depression, mostly as rain with possibly high winds.
Here is the National Hurricane Center predicted track for Nate, as of 8:00 AM EDT, Thursday, October 5.
Currently our weather forecast for October 9 – 11 calls for:
- Monday, Oct 9: 50% chance of showers; hi temp 81 deg; winds S, 9 MPH
- Tuesday, Oct 10: 20% chance of showers; hi temp 84 deg; winds SSW 11 MPH
- Wednesday, Oct 11: 60% chance of showers; hi temp 76 deg; winds NNW 7 MPH
Watch this website for further weather information as well as other information about the neighborhood.