The National Weather Service at Wakefield, VA, has issued a winter weather alert that slightly affects our area. The most serious affects will be along the NC-VA border, possibly reaching as far north as Richmond. HOWEVER — the storm track can change, bringing winter weather to our neighborhood.
Period of possible winter weather: Midday Thursday, Feb 20 through late afternoon, Friday, Feb 21.
Impact on our neighborhood:
- Less than 1-inch accumulation of snow with rain changing to snow late Thursday afternoon and continuing through Thursday night
- Wind gusts 17 to 32 MPH
- Lowest temperature expected 6:00 AM Friday, Feb 21: 23 degrees
Here is the full National Weather Service brief. 20200219_0530AM_WxBrief
We will monitor the weather situation and update as necessary.
- Slick, possibly icy, roads
- Trees, power poles, power lines down
- Limited visibility as snow falls