The National Weather Service in Wakefield VA has issued a tornado alert and a TORNADO WARNING for our area in effect until 6:45 AM. As of 5:00 AM Tuesday, August 4, a tornado was confirmed in the area between Heathsville and Callao moving NW at 55 MPH. Other tornadoes were confirmed in the area of Wicomico Church. As of 6:00 AM, no reports of damage have been received and it does not appear that our neighborhood was affected.
CURRENT TORNADO WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT UNTIL 6:45 AM.
As of 6:30 AM, Tuesday, August 4:
- Our neighborhood has received 3.75 inches of rain in past 24 hours
- Rain continues to fall at rate of 2 inches per hour
- Winds are steady at 12 MPH from the SE with gusts to 30 MPH
- Storm is located approximately 80 miles SW of us, moving NNE at 28 MPH
- Storm center will track over or near our neighborhood between 8:00 and 9:00 AM
- Our neighborhood has not experienced power outages as of 6:30 AM.
- Our neighborhood is under flash flood warnings that will last until Tuesday night — Wednesday morning, Aug 4-5.
Latest information on Hurricane Tropical Storm Isaias is available from the National Hurricane Center, .
The National Weather Service office in Wakefield, VA posts updated storm information as well as tornado warnings.
The combination of high winds and heavy rains likely will result in downed trees; downed power lines; and, local flooding.
UPDATE: As of 6:27 AM, tornadoes have been confirmed on the ground near:
- White Stone — about 25 miles S of us, below Kilmarnock
- Near Montross in Westmoreland County
- Near Lancaster Church in Lancaster County