Hurricane Zeta is predicted to make landfall on the Louisiana-Mississippi Gulf Coast Wednesday afternoon and evening, Oct 28. Zeta will then reduce to a tropical depression, bringing rain and wind to our neighborhood late Wednesday through Saturday.
Here is the latest track projection for Zeta from the National Hurricane Center. The letter D indicates a Tropical Depression — rain with winds less than 39 MPH.
Here is the forecast for our area from the National Weather Service office in Wakefield VA. (Scroll down the page, look for Northumberland County.)
.WEDNESDAY...Mostly cloudy early in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. A slight chance of showers early in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent. .WEDNESDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy. Rain likely after midnight. Lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. .THURSDAY...Showers. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent. .THURSDAY NIGHT...Showers, breezy with lows in the lower 50s. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent. .FRIDAY...Mostly cloudy with showers likely in the morning, then partly sunny with a chance of showers in the afternoon. Windy with highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain 70 percent. .FRIDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening. Breezy with lows in the lower 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent. .SATURDAY...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 50s.