The Northumberland County hazardous waste spring collection will be held:
- Saturday, May 1
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Northumberland Middle School/High School bus parking lot (Hwy 360 just east of Academic Lane)
- Spent fluorescent bulbs, *unwanted pesticides, *antifreeze, *rechargeable batteries, *cleaners, *oil-based paint/stains, *old/contaminated fuels/petroleum products, *household chemicals, etc.
- ALSO BRING: *Computers–CPUs and laptops,* mainframes, peripherals; *monitors–CRTs and flat screens; *telephones, cell phones and telephone systems; *fax machines; *printers and copiers; *TVs, *banking and financial equipment; *rechargeable batteries; *electronic circuit boards and components; *stereo equipment, *games, PDAs.
**PLEASE DON’T BRING**: Latex Paint (non-hazardous), Car Batteries, Radioactives, Smoke Detectors, Medical Waste, Medications,
Ammo/Explosives & Household Electrics other than those listed above.
Here is a flyer with full description. 2021HHWSPRING Northumberland WITH COVID info
Latex paint: If you need to dispose of latex paint, remember, latex paint is mostly water, so:
- Set your old latex paint, in its can, in a corner of your garage or shed where it will not be in the way.
- Remove the lid.
- Leave it alone, check it from time to time.
- As the water evaporates, the paint residue hardens.
- After it has completely evaporated and hardened, you can toss the can with the hardened paint residue in your normal household garbage.